How Titanic Sub Passengers Likely Spent Their Final Moments Has Been Revealed

Heartbreaking details about how the Titanic sub passengers spent their final moments have been shared after the wife and mother of the father-son duo opened up about the days leading up to the tragic incident.

It comes after the US Coast Guard announced that they had found ‘presumed human remains’ alongside the debris they recovered from the ocean floor.

The heartbreaking news that the 5 people on board the vessel are believed to have sadly died broke last week. It came after debris was found that was “consistent with catastrophic loss of the pressure chamber.”

The sub, named Titan, was carrying 5 people down to the bottom of the ocean to see the Titanic’s shipwreck in real life, which is located 3,800m below sea level, and is 370 miles off the coast of Newfoundland. The trip is thought to have cost £195,000 per head.

It vanished on the morning of June 18 after losing contact with its mothership MV Polar Prince roughly 1 hour and 45 minutes into the vessel’s 2-hour descent.

On board the sub was Stockton Rush, the CEO of OceanGate Expeditions, the company who own the vessel and conduct the tourist trips. Alongside him was the British billionaire Hamish Harding, British-based Pakistani millionaire Shahzada Dawood and his 19-year-old son Suleman. The fifth person on board was Paul-Henry Nargeolet, a French submersible pilot who was considered one of the world’s leading experts on the Titanic.

Since the underwater vessel lost contact, the search effort hugely ramped up after authorities estimated that they were quickly running out of oxygen.

An update gave authorities more hope, as an aircraft detected “underwater noises in the search area.”

“As a result, ROV (remotely operated vehicle) operations were relocated in an attempt to explore the origin of the noises. Those ROV searches have yielded negative results but continue,” the Coast Guard tweeted.

It was additionally reported that a second aircraft with underwater detection abilities detected “banging sounds.”

However, in the wake of the heartbreaking discovery of the debris, the Coast Guard confirmed that these sounds were likely just ‘background ocean noise’.

Rear Admiral John Mauger explained to Sky News: “We’ve taken that information and shared it with top leading experts from the US Navy and the Canadian Navy, and they’re working on the analysis of that information, they’re continuing to work on the analysis of that information.

“The initial reports is that there’s a lot of the sounds that were generated were from background ocean noise, but they continue to … look for all available information there.”

OceanGate, who ran the expedition, released a statement addressing the heartbreaking loss.

“We now believe that our CEO Stockton Rush, Shahzada Dawood and his son Suleman Dawood, Hamish Harding, and Paul-Henri Nargeolet, have sadly been lost,” it began.

“These men were true explorers who shared a distinct spirit of adventure, and a deep passion for exploring and protecting the world’s oceans.

“Our hearts are with these 5 souls and every member of their families during this tragic time. We grieve the loss of life and joy they brought to everyone they knew.”


For educational purposes: Submarine implosion depiction #titanic #titanicexpedition #ocean #submarine #implosion

♬ original sound – Bootz

Following the heartbreaking news that the sub likely suffered a catastrophic implosion, a video depicting what this may have looked like has appeared on TikTok.

In a clip shared by user @sincerelybootz, viewers can see a vessel being flattened out and then ripped apart.

“It’s very instantaneous as far as death when it comes to any lives that may be on board,” the narrator says.

A different clip shared by @starfieldstudio shows the OceanGate Titan careering to the floor of the ocean when it crumples as a tin can would when stepped on, before the metal explodes after the vessel imploded, leaving none of the sub intact.

“The hull would immediately heat the air in the sub to around the surface of the sun’s temperature, as a wall of metal and seawater smashed one end of the boat to the other, all in around 30 milliseconds,” the text over the video reads.

The latest update on the story comes as debris from the sub has been brought ashore in Newfoundland, giving a first look at the remains of the vessel.

Pictures from the port show the debris covered in tarp as they are transferred onto trucks to be taken away.

The US Coast Guard announced that they have also recovered ‘presumed human remains’ from “within the wreckage” of the sub.

However, the latest update is one of the most heartbreaking yet, as the final moments of what the passengers likely experienced has been revealed.

Christine Dawood, mother and wife of Shahzada and Suleman Dawood, opened up to the New York Times about just how excited the pair were to go on the trip.

She revealed that during the extensive meetings, where passengers would learn the ins and outs of the mechanics of the sub. The duo were allegedly told that the sub’s lights would be off to preserve batteries during the descent, but they could still expect to see some bioluminescent marine life.

They were also advised to temper their expectations until they approached the Titanic.

As the ride was expected to last upwards of four hours, the passengers were also urged to load their favourite tunes onto the sub’s audio player.

So it’s highly likely the fatal Titanic sub’s occupants passed their last minutes in complete darkness, seeing fascinating bioluminescent organisms drift past and listening to music.

Rest in peace.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: