A coroner’s report has ruled that rapper Mac Miller’s death was caused by an accidental overdose due to a combination of drugs and alcohol.

The L.A. County Coroner’s Office presented the findings of their toxicology report and found that Miller died from”mixed toxicity,” saying cocaine, alcohol and the powerful opioid fentanyl were found in his system.

The 26 year-old Pittsburgh native was found dead at his home in California on September 7th just months after an arrest for driving under the influence.

The rapper had a well-documented history with addiction problems in the past.

At the time of his death, his family released a statement that read:

Malcolm McCormick, known and adored by fans as Mac Miller, has tragically passed away at the age of 26,

“He was a bright light in this world for his family, friends and fans. Thank you for your prayers. Please respect our privacy. There are no further details as to the cause of his death at this time.”

Fans and celebrities alike shared their grief and tributes on social media following Miller’s death, including the likes of James Corden, Chance The Rapper, Snoop Dogg and Jaden Smith.

Last week, a benefit concert was held in Los Angeles to raise money for the Mac Miller Circles Fund in honour of the hip-hop star. The foundation, launched at the concert, will help with arts education in undeserved communities.

He had planned to go on tour at the end of October following the release of his critically acclaimed fifth studio album “Swimming”.

Images via Getty