A mum has shared terrifying footage of her daughter looking “possessed” after her drink was spiked during her first-ever night out.
Millie Taplin, a carer from Southend-on-Sea, Essex, was unable to move or talk for around four hours after a vile stranger slipped an unknown substance into her drink.
Doctors suspect that the man gave her two drugs – “one to paralyse and one to knock her out,” said mum Claire, 48.
Claire uploaded footage of her daughter to social media, which shows Millie writhing in a hospital bed with a clenched jaw and her fingers shaped like claws.
Speaking to The Mirror, Claire said: “As disturbing as it is, if that saves one girl, just one, then it’s worth sharing. Nothing can prepare you to see that.
“It’s just absolutely horrendous. She looked possessed.
“I was numb. I was looking at her and thought, ‘what the hell have they given her’ because I’ve never seen anything like it in my life.
She added: “The thing that destroyed me was she knew everything that was going on but she was frozen.”
“When I made contact with her I could see that she was there, she was trying to me eye contact with me but she couldn’t speak.”
Millie and a group of friends were enjoying a night out at Moo Moos nightclub in Southend.
A man, who was with a group of people she knew, came over to her with a vodka and lemonade drink and said “try this”.
Millie, who was on her first night out since turning 18, began to feel unwell moments after finishing the drink.
She said it was the only drink she had all night that she didn’t purchase herself.
Millie, who has now made a full recovery, said: “I had a couple of sips of the drink and went to the smoking area. I came back and felt like I’d drunk too much, and then I went outside to be sick.”
It was then that the 18-year-old lost control of her legs and hands.
Her mum added: “She took two sips and she didn’t like it because it was really strong. Within five or ten minutes she felt sick, she wanted to go outside.
“She said, ‘I’ve been spiked’. She knew she wasn’t feeling drunk, she knew it wasn’t right.
“She was sick and she couldn’t see, she couldn’t walk.”
Fearing the worst, Millie’s friends called her big sister Sadie, 28, who rushed Millie to A&E in her car in the early hours of Sunday morning.
“I got there at 1.30am, the video shows what I was greeted with. I was just blown away.
Millie recalled that she “knew everything going on” and “could reply to people in [her] head but [she] couldn’t get it out.”
She added: “The doctors were really supportive and trying to calm me down. I was in such a state when I arrived. I was so scared.”
“I don’t ever want to go through that again. It was horrible.”
Millie went on to say that the horrific events of that night have put her off going out in the future.
She continued: “I probably won’t be going out much more. I’ll be taking every precaution there is to take.
“No matter how well you think you know someone, never accept a drink off them or anything.”
Essex Police have been informed of the incident and are currently investigating.
A statement reads: “We are investigating after we received a report of a woman having a drink spiked at a nightclub in Southend.
“It is reported that an 18-year-old woman had taken ill outside a venue in Warrior Square.
“The report was made to us at 3.30am on Saturday.
“The woman was taken to hospital for assessment. No arrests have been made and our enquiries are ongoing.”
We’re glad you’re okay, Millie!