Bam Margera Says He Was Pronounced Dead and Had 4 Seizures in Hospital

As you might remember, Bam Margera was rushed to San Diego hospital last month, where he was placed in the ICU after being hit with a serious bout of pneumonia, which was made worse by COVID-19.

While he did make a full recovery, it turns out his situation was a lot more serious than we all thought. 

As we know, Bam has been in and out of rehab for decades, and this struggle with his sobriety has ultimately taken its toll on his health, resulting in some pretty scary complications. 

Things finally reached a head last month, when he was rushed to the hospital as his “body was shutting down.”

Bam has since opened up about his week-long hospital stay, revealing just how life-threatening his condition really was. 

The Jackass star opened up on the podcast Steve-O’s Wild Ride! revealing that it was touch or go as to whether he’d make it out of the hospital alive: “Basically, I was pronounced dead on December 8th,” he said. 

Starting off Thursday’s episode of the podcast, Bam told Steve-O: “We have a lot to talk about.”

“I basically was pronounced dead on Elvis’ birthday, December 8th. I did not know that I had gnarly COVID. My body was shutting down, and I went into four seizures, each one lasting 10 to 20 minutes, and on the fourth one, I bit my tongue so hard, it was nearly falling off,” he explained.

This is what made his health take an even scarier turn, as he then began to ingest his infected blood. 

“It got so swollen and puffy, it wouldn’t fit in my mouth, and I was drinking the infected blood, which gave me pneumonia as well, so when the shaman took me to the hospital, I went into my fifth seizure, and I couldn’t breathe without a tube down my throat,” Margera said.

He went on to explain that, at the time, he didn’t realize just how dire his situation was, sharing that he “blacked out” for most of it. 

“I woke up five days later thinking I was there for a couple of hours,” he said. “They’re like, ‘Dude you’ve been here for nearly a week. We tried to take the tube out, and you weren’t breathing on your own.’”

Steve-O later admitted that seeing how vulnerable Bam looked in the ICU in “critical but stable condition” worried him a lot. And that he was relieved that he is out and doing well following the scary experience.

After learning just how severe Bam’s health had become, fans rushed to the comment section to share their thoughts…

One wrote: “Bam filled my childhood and teenage years with tons of laughs, there’s nothing I’d like more for him than to see him happy and kickin ass at life again.”

While another commented: “That’s the best Bam has sounded in years, I hope he can find his place in the world and fully embrace sobriety. We need him around, he was a huge part of my childhood and I was pretty sad that he was barely in the last Jackass film. Keep up the good work we believe in you!”

Shortly after being discharged from the hospital, Margera updated concerned fans by sharing a photo of him with Johnny Schillereff on Instagram. He captioned the post on December 10: “I’m out!” Adding: “Thank you to my friends, family, and you for the love, support, and prayers.”

We’re glad he’s made a full recovery!

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: